Thursday, November 03, 2011

November 2011...Today


Today I’ll paint my nails,
Put curlers in my hair;
Powder and blush my face,
You like it when I care.

I’ll cook your favourite meal,
And set the table tonight;
I’ll put on a brave face,
You will see I am alright.

This year has been so empty,
Without you by my side;
You are no longer suffering,
Now in Heaven you abide.

I will never forget you,
But my life must go on;
Things have been so difficult,
Since you have gone.

I miss your sense of humour,
And your caring ways;
The things you did around the house,
The way we spent our days.

You were always so thoughtful,
Towards others in need;
Inspiring and intelligent,
A true gentleman indeed.

Today I’ll celebrate your life,
Even though my heart is sore;
My darling, I love you,
And I know you love me more.

(By Doreen Hardie)
 
Written for my dear friend Lynda in loving memory of
Glenn Lepage
11 May 1942 to 9 November 2010.


No comments: