Sunday, January 01, 2012

January 2012...A New Year


At the start of this new year I pray
That you will discover the plans the Lord has for you.
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
Plans to give you hope and a future.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord,
"Call upon me, come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
Seek me with all your heart, and you will find me.
I will be found by you, and I will bring you back from captivity."

"Build houses and settle down;
Plant gardens and eat what they produce.
Marry and have sons and daughters;
Find wives for your sons, give your daughters in marriage."

"Seek peace and prosperity;
Do not be deceived by false prophets;
Do not listen to your dreams,
I have not sent them," declares the Lord.

"Listen to the Word of the Lord,
Do not do outrageous things;
Do not commit adultery with your neighbour;
Do not speak lies in the Lord's name."

"I will gather you from all nations and places,
I will bring you back to Me.
If you, who are called by my name,
will humble yourself and pray,
Seek my face and turn from your wicked ways,
I will hear from heaven and I will forgive your sins."

Amen.

(By Doreen Hardie)

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
The old has gone, the new has come!”
(2 Corinthians 5:17)

No comments: