Monday, April 01, 2013

April 2013...Parenthood


God, You have blessed us
With Your Gift of Love.
A little angel sent down
From our Father above.

I was merely a woman,
God sent you as my child;
I am now your mother,
Gentle, loving and mild.

I was just a man
Until you came along;
Now I am your father,
Protective and strong.

We were a couple,
You have made us three,
With you, God has blessed us,
We’ve become a family.

Children are a blessing,
Sent from God above,
Changing our lifestyle,
Filling our days with love.

How do we thank God,
For our precious child?
So beautiful and perfect,
On us He’s surely smiled.

Dependant on our nurturing,
Inquisitive of all that's new.
Eating, sleeping, growing,
Lord, made in the image of You.

Guide us as we teach him,
On Your path to walk.
So You may be reflected
In all relationships and talk.

We are now parents,
Grow us in Your way,
So we may be Your example,
To our child every day.

(By Doreen Hardie)

Congratulations to Claire and Dale,
 and thank you for my precious grandson,
Alexander Thomas Potter
Born 14 March 2013.

No comments: