Tuesday, January 01, 2013

January 2013...Full of Hope


I hope for a bright and happy future,
Built on my love and trust in God.
A life where I may impart all I've learnt,
On those you place in my care too.

I hope for blessings to be bestowed
On those who've guided me;
Family and special friends
Who love me unconditionally.

I hope to become a person
Who believes in your Word,
Who follows the path of Christ
In everything seen and heard.

I hope to spread Your peace around,
And not into arguments fall;
There is so much strife in life,
Too few who heed Your call.

I hope to have an understanding,
Of what others are going through;
Not just to concentrate on my needs,
But on the plight of others too.

I hope to lead a faithful life,
Trying to do what's best;
And when I don't quite make the grade,
I'll trust You to take care of the rest.

I hope today You'll bless me Lord,
As I humble myself before You;
Thank You for forgiving me,
Each of my sins You knew.

I hope in Your promise of eternity,
With Your life salvation You bought;
To think You died to save me,
Is an overwhelming thought.

Now I want to thank You Lord,
As my praises to you I sing;
I hope that You will always be,
My all, my everything.

(By Doreen Hardie)

No comments: