Thursday, November 01, 2012

November 2012...Contemplation

 
As I sit here and contemplate,
My thoughts drift back, you see,
To childhood friends and animals,
The way life used to be!

First love and forever friends,
Childlike promises made to keep.
I wonder if they remember me,
Or hold me in their hearts, so deep.

Family times and memories,
Built up in days gone by.
How the way of life has changed,
It causes me to sigh!

Now I've raised my own,
And sent them on their way.
I pray for happiness and safety,
As on the right path they stay.

I glance into the mirror;
When did these lines appear?
Time has flown by so fast,
I've lost many I hold dear.

Grandparents, aunts and uncles,
Many friends, young and old.
A tear slips down my cheek,
So many memories left untold.

So when you see me sitting here,
A vague look on my face,
I'm contemplating about life,
Hopes and God's amazing grace.


(By Doreen Hardie)
 

No comments: