Friday, March 09, 2012

March 2012...Under The Shadow of His Wings



Jesus, by Your grace alone,
You lift me up to You,
You redeem me through Your love,
And swaddle me in Your wings.

Whenever I feel weary,
Afraid, worried or alone,
I call on the Name, above all Names,
And You caress me with Your wings.

When family are away from me,
And burdened for them I feel,
Your Spirit descends upon them,
Encircling them in Your wings.

My dear friends, I pray,
That you may have this peace,
Trust in Him to keep your needs
Under the shadow of His wings.

When you need uplifting,
Turn to our wonderful Lord,
He'll envelop you in His love,
And surround you with His wings.

Now sit very quietly...
As you wait upon the Lord
You too will feel Him draw near
To enfold you in His wings.

(By Doreen Hardie)


How precious is Your steadfast love, O God!
The children of men take refuge and put their trust
under the shadow of Your wings.
(Psalm 36:7)
 

No comments: