Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 2013...My Best Friend


When I was still a young girl
With pony-tails in my hair,
Jesus gave me my best friend
With whom my life I'd share.

God knew the responsibilities
Of things I could not foresee,
So He sent a special person
To walk each step with me.

We were there for each other
Through times of family strife.
We studied hard together,
Preparing ourselves for life.

The wedding bells sounded
As down the aisle we walked.
Planning for our future,
We talked, and talked, and talked.

Our family was extended,
With babies one, two and three.
They have truly been blessings,
Our special gifts from Thee.

Lord You've walked beside us,
Every step of the way.
Your love resides within us,
You guide us when we stray.

Where the years have gone,
I really do not know.
But our love grows deeper
As along the path of life we go.

Now I want to thank you Doug,
For your love so strong and true.
I would not be who I am today
If God hadn't given me you.

(By Doreen Hardie)

No comments: