Friday, June 08, 2012

June 2012...A Friend Like You


Dear Lord,

Today I need a friend to make me smile,
Someone who will go that extra mile.
A friend who will help to lift that frown,
When I’m feeling troubled and down.

Someone who will share my happiness,
And special occasions they'll never miss.
A friend who’s there in time of need,
Who’s willing to help me plant the seed.

A quiet angel, who’ll lift me to my feet,
And not allow me to accept defeat.
A friend who‘ll remind me how to fly
When I need lifting up on high.

A friend who’s goodness I can see,
Who knows just where I should be.
Someone who is full of peace,
Who helps my worries to decrease.

A friend who is trusting, honest and true,
Who is always there to see me through.
When I weaken and lose my way,
A friend who will kneel with me and pray.

Dear Lord I'm glad to have a friend like You!

Amen.
 
(By Doreen Hardie)

No comments: